Borrobol has much to enjoy and get involved with.
- Fly fishing for wild brown trout from a rowing boat on Loch Ascaig.
- Canoeing and Kayaking on Loch Ascaig.
- Swimming from the small, sandy beach on Loch Ascaig where the shallow water is ideal for small children.
- Bicycling on the five mile estate track to the deserted west end of Borrobol (bicycles not supplied).
- Walking with astonishing views and 360° horizons.
- Bird watching. Borrobol is at a crossroads for migrating birds. In these unique peatlands you will also see our many moorland birds.
Spend lengthy days in the arctic light of summer hearing crying birds and flowing water.
Our county of Sutherland offers so much to do. Your interests will be fired in history, nature, fishing, field sports, wild food and more. There are many small businesses in our area who will open this undiscovered county to you. These are just a few: